EMF Newbie

Default Change in Indian food habits

Food is irresistible. Be it an Indian, Italian, African or Arab, everyone wants to delve into the delicious dishes. But you cannot generalise the food habits. Every nation, every caste, every community or every individual will have distinct food habits.

For example, many say that Indian cuisine is largely of vegetarian and the use of various spices and herbs make it different from that of other countries. But a recent survey on the food habits of Indians has revealed that the image of India as a vegetarian country has been changing fast. Most of the respondents to the survey were non-vegetarians irrespective of their gender, caste and region. Though the survey found that 55 percent of Brahmins are still vegetarian, there are indications that there will be a considerable decrease in this number in the near future.

Observers say that there is also a growing trend towards non-vegetarianism even among the members of South Indian Brahmin community, who were once strictly vegetarians, `Though I was a strict vegetarian during my childhood, now my food habits have changed and I love to eat fried fish daily, says Harikrishnan, who is a software engineer in Kochi. He belongs to the Namboothiri community of Kerala, ``I leave my favourite non-vegetarian dishes only once in a year when I go for therapeutic massage in the month of Karkataka in an ayurvedic resort he adds with a smile. All these facts show that the image of India as a predominantly vegetarian country is no longer true.

Banned

interesting.........

Default Go For Ayurveda in Kerala

The place has an incredible charm of its own which makes it one of the most popular state with tourists. The backwaters, villages, green fields, beaches and the atmosphere attract thousands of visitors every year. Some of the famous Kerala tour packages are Enjoy Kerala Backwaters, Kerala Escape and Kerala Ayurveda. These offer travelers a great experience. The Kerala Ayurveda package offers the authentic Ayurveda treatments and therapies for rejuvenation and/or any specific ailments. Enjoy Kerala Backwaters package offers accommodation in a luxury Resort & Spa, spa treatments, sunset cruise and much more.
    There are plenty of beaches in Kerala and the Kovalam, Alappuzha, Nattika, Varkala, Cherai, Kappad beaches are notable. You can spend the leisure time on the beach or take part in various adventure sports held there.Scuba diving, beach volleyball and Paragliding are very popular among the visitors.
    Houseboat rides are an experience one must have while visiting Kerala. These houseboats ply on various routes in Kerala. Kochi, Kumarakom, Kuttanad, Kottayam, Kollam, Kasargod, Alappuzha are famous backwater destinations in Kerala.

EMF Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Morganre View Post
    Food is irresistible. Be it an Indian, Italian, African or Arab, everyone wants to delve into the delicious dishes. But you cannot generalise the food habits. Every nation, every caste, every community or every individual will have distinct food habits.

For example, many say that Indian cuisine is largely of vegetarian and the use of various spices and herbs make it different from that of other countries. But a recent survey on the food habits of Indians has revealed that the image of India as a vegetarian country has been changing fast. Most of the respondents to the survey were non-vegetarians irrespective of their gender, caste and region. Though the survey found that 55 percent of Brahmins are still vegetarian, there are indications that there will be a considerable decrease in this number in the near future.

Observers say that there is also a growing trend towards non-vegetarianism even among the members of South Indian Brahmin community, who were once strictly vegetarians, `Though I was a strict vegetarian during my childhood, now my food habits have changed and I love to eat fried fish daily,’’ says Harikrishnan, who is a software engineer in Kochi. He belongs to the Namboothiri community of Kerala, ``I leave my favourite non-vegetarian dishes only once in a year when I go for therapeutic massage in the month of Karkataka in an ayurvedic resort’’ he adds with a smile. All these facts show that the image of India as a predominantly vegetarian country is no longer true.

This is true. The tribe of non-vegetarian Indian people is growing. Eating out too has increased immensely and families are now purchasing food that was once home-cooked. Kids influence many diet-related decisions at home, pasta sauces and packaged soups have become a part of the Indian kitchen and the terms "clean" and "unclean" are actually used for levels of hygiene and have nothing to do with case.

The impact of changes in food culture are immense and already alarming.

EMF Member

In India new generations also demand more variety in food. Mums are learning to prepare meals that are not traditionally Indian and foreign brands that have entered the Indian market are adding local touches to their standard menu to make it more appealing to the desipalate
    --------------------------------
    Luxury Hotels | Hotels in Delhi | Delhi Hotels | Residence Rimini